With the release of Oracle GoldenGate 19c, it has been made easier to connect Oracle GoldenGate to the Oracle Database – source or target. Gone are the days that you need to update your local tnsnames.ora file to point to the desired database. The only thing you have to do now, is ensure that your database is reachable via an easy connect (ezconnect) string.
Within Oracle GoldenGate 19c Microservices, you would simply setup the connection in the Credential Store within the Administration Service of the deployment where your GoldenGate processes will be running. In order to do this, you simply do the following:
1. Login to the Administration Service as an authorized user
2. Navigate to the Configuration option
3. Click on the plus ( + ) sign to add a new Credential. Fill in all the needed information. When filling in the information for User Id make sure you use the format for EZConnect:
4. Then click Submit
5. This will result in a useridalias connection being created and stored for the database. At this point, you can test the connection by clicking on the database icon for the connection.
If you provided the correct password for the user id, you should easily login to the Oracle Database you are pointed to.
This connection feature has been carried over to Oracle GoldenGate 19c Classic as well; afterall connections are part of the core product and enables both archiectures to connect in the same manner. The only difference is you would be workign from the GGSCI command line building the credential store information with some typing. To use EZConnect from GGSCI, follow these steps:
1. Login to GGSCI
$ cd $OGG_HOME
2. Add the credential store (if you don’t already have one)
GGSCI (ogg19cca) 1> add credentialstore
3. Add the user with ezconnect string to the credential store
GGSCI (ogg19cca) 2> alter credentialstore add user c##[email protected]:1521/orclogg password ************ alias SGGATE domain OracleGoldenGate
4. Test the connection using the DBLOGIN option
GGSCI (ogg19cca) 3> dblogin useridalias SGGATE domain OracleGoldenGate
GGSCI (ogg19cca as c##[email protected]/CDB$ROOT) 4>